PROGEBE Logo Design Competition
The Regional Project “Sustainable Management of Endemic Ruminant Livestock in West Africa” (PROGEBE) covering The Gambia, Guinea, Mali and Senegal is launching a competition to select its logo.
PROGEBE aims are community-based conservation and management of endemic ruminant livestock; better understanding of existing genetic diversity and its potential; development of strategies for improved utilization in evolving production systems; policies that affect the livestock and livestock products targeted, especially those related to market access and marketing channels to facilitate commercialization by smallholder livestock keepers; and strengthening capacities of relevant actors to promote sustainable management of livestock resources.
The project is funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the African Development Bank (AfDB)
Format of Competition
• This competition is open to any private person or company, professional or non-professional residing or registered in one of the project four countries, regardless of nationality or design experience.
• Members of the Project, the panel of judges and their immediate families are not permitted to take part in this competition.
• Each participant may submit any number of design proposals.
Contest entries will be judged by a panel of local and international experts and their decision will be final.
Entries will be submitted in digital format via electronic mail to the following e-mail address: Progebelogocomp@gmail.com
• All participants must provide the following:
i. Personal particulars: first name and surname(s), occupation, address, telephone number(s).
ii. Creative rationale (in about 200 words) explaining the concept of the design.
• Each logo design entry, an original works of authorship, should not exceed 4MB in file size. It must be submitted in a JPEG or GIF formats. Participants may be asked to submit a higher resolution rendition of their design.
• By participating in this competition, all participants acknowledge that they understand and agree to the full Terms and Conditions of this competition.
• All entries and accompanying documents submitted to the Project must be in English or in French.
• The closing date for submission is 8 September 2008.
Guidelines for Design
• The logo should have the following three important features:
1. High recognition value
2. Timeless: immunity against short term trends
3. Harmony: logotype, color and typography appear all as one piece
• The logo should cover three broad themes:
1. The geographical target of the project: The Gambia, Guinea, Mali and Senegal (West Africa)
2. The purpose of the project: endemic ruminant livestock (N’Dama cattle, Djallonke Sheep and West African Dwarf goats).
3. The natural environment of the project: wooded savannas, shrub savanna, open forest, and riparian gallery forests.
• The logo should work well in a variety of applications from stationery to digital media, websites, clothing, outdoor banners, commemorative items, etc.
• The logo should include the following three elements:
1. An original distinctive element.
2. The name of the Project, namely the wordmark “PROGEBE” in capital letters.
3. The representation/symbol of endemic ruminants, participating countries, and specific environment.
The creator of the best design will win a cash prize in the amount of 10,000.00 (ten thousand) Dalasis paid directly in the project country by the Project National Coordination.
Terms & Conditions
In submitting a Design for the PROGEBE Logo Design Competition you declare, undertake and agree to be bound as follows:
1) You hereby grant to PROGEBE, an irrevocable, exclusive, worldwide, perpetual and royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, adapt and translate the contents of any Design and any other materials and information submitted therewith, in whole or in part, in any part of the world in any form or manner and in any media, in relation to PROGEBE’s promotional and other activities, now or in future.
2) All documents and materials submitted in respect of a Design for the PROGEBE Logo Design Competition shall become the property of PROGEBE and shall not be returnable under any circumstances.
For further details, feel free to contact Mr. Alassane Diallo, Information Management and Communication Expert, PROGEBE, c/o International Trypanotolerance Center (ITC), Kerr Serign, P.O. Box 4060 Bakau, The Gambia, West Africa, E-mail: email@example.com and Mobile: +220 752 51 87.